Know, that list is hilarious. And Lumpy, I'm pretty sure you're spot on with your guesses. The only one I wasn't sure about was #6, but upon reading your list I remembered the reference. Good work both of you!
Last Edit: Feb 14, 2011 12:27:51 GMT -8 by wolfhat
I love top 10 lists! Every band but one will be my first. 1. Foo Fighters 2. Bassnectar 3. Sleigh Bells 4. DBA1979 5. The Decemberists 6. Chromeo 7. Flaming Lips 8. Major Lazer
Until I do more research and listening these are the only must see performances.
"“Men have been taught that it is a virtue to agree with others. But the creator is the man who disagrees. Men have been taught that it is a virtue to swim with the current. But the creator is the man who goes against the current. Men have been taught that it is a virtue to stand together. But the creator is the man who stands alone"
Post by robertcarter on Feb 16, 2011 18:26:51 GMT -8
1. Wilco - I've been listening to them for ten years and haven't seen them live. The last album failed to grab my ear, but I'll be hoping for those long jams and songs from Being There and YHF.
2. Modest Mouse - Will be rocking out and singing loudly.
3. Flying Lotus - Missed him at Coachella, saw the Dead Weather instead. Cosmogramma has been played in my car more than any other CD. This is shroom time.
4. Foo Fighters - Since I bought my tickets, I went back and listened to all the old Foo Fighters albums. I forgot how many of their songs I know. Songs like "Aurora", "Tired of You", and "Breakout" all left my memory.
5. Deerhunter - Have become my favorite young band. Haven't seen them since Coachella 2010. Now that I've digested Halcyon Digest, I can't wait to sing along. My girlfriend and I thought we were too cool to have a song together, but we have agreed on "Desire Lines". This will be the most romantic set of the fest for us.
6. The Flaming Lips - Haven't seen them since they opened for RHCP in 2003. I hope to get real close so I can be part of the giant animal/confetti/headtrip party.
7. Das Racist - My favorite new hip-hop group. It'll be interesting to see if they can reach the energy they display on record. You can't smell me? I'm stiinkiiiinng!...
8. Bassnectar - Last weekend, me and my friends roadtripped to LA. My girlfriend took us to a Mexican seafood restaurant that she used to go to as a child in East LA. We got loaded on ceviche and strawberry margaritas. Then we went outside to smoke, blasted Bassnectar from the car stereo and danced our asses off in the parking lot. It was a highlight of the trip.
9. Death Cab for Cutie - Haven't been into them since Transatlanticism, but it should be a good nostalgic show.
10. Bright Eyes - I was disappointed when I saw them in 2005 at the Moore, way back when I was living in Seattle. Too many pubescent girls screaming, "Marry me, Conor!". Too many weak songs. I want more I'm Wide Awake but I don't think that's where he's headed with his setlists this year. Here's hoping.