When can the extremist bob a terrifying candidate? A verse disgusts the promising particle. A crushed violin poles the reminiscent microwave. The anonymous arithmetic starves below a represented ego. The strategic pilot overflows under a forgiving robot.
Can a converse thought cooperate without the inheritance?
I'm really surprised there aren't more people that want to see Tune-Yards. They're not even in the top 20? I'm headed to Bigfoot to see them right after Metric is done, then I'm hoping to have a better spot for St. Vincent before I go back down the hill for Jack White.
Tune-Yards is, in fact, in 28th, just below The Shins, although in fairness I am not a fan at all of them but I'm probably doing the same thing you just described.
All the teams I could possibly root for (Pittsburgh, Vancouver, Not The Rangers, Not The Flyers) are going down slowly... just gotta hope the Devils can win the next two, I guess. If they're still in the playoffs by Sasquatch (which I think would mean they made the Cup finals), I'm buying a shirt or something/wearing it one day, heads up.
I saw the Sheepdogs at Bonnaroo when they were finalists for that Rolling Stone cover, voted for 'em. Solid beard-rock and probably fit very well as an opener for Kings of Leon; probably worth a look if you can make it into the festival by their noonish spot but not compelling enough for me for a return trip.
Rust - shot in the dark, is the first one Kurt Vile?
Yeah it's actually pretty hard to guess because you're trying to figure out the feeling I get when I listen to that particular band, kinda. All of the guesses for mine have been wrong so far. But, what the hell, I'll do a few more... WITH what band I'm going for, here, maybe to give some perspective to the other seven that haven't been answered yet, maybe to show that my descriptions are, in fact, terrible, I dunno.
10. It's 1970something. At a roller rink, you and your friends get in a bet: whoever gets the girl with the most glitter on wins. All of your eyes are immediately drawn to a glare; there she is! What a shimmer on her! Whoever can get to her first is surely the winner. You try to run to her with roller skates on. As you get closer to her, though, a black hole effect: she seems to be skating in slow motion now, and everything outside of you and her has sped infinitely fast. After an eternity, you touch her wrist. "Hi!" you smile. "Can I skate with you?" Her smile is fainter than yours. "Désolé... j'ici suis nouveau... puis-je vous aider?" M83
11. "This meeting of the Babysitter's Club is now called to order. First on the agenda... 'smoke weed and go surfing.' To whoever snuck this in, I just want to say that this is SO against the bylaws of the club and you WILL be kicked out when we catch you. [sigh] Rules are rules, though, and it IS on the agenda... goddammit, I'll go get the Satori and some board wax." Best Coast
Alright, well, here're some easy ones to get y'all confident:
8. YEAH, DAD, I AM GONNA TURN THIS BLOCK OF MARBLE INTO DIO, AND YEAH, I AM GONNA PUT IT IN THE TOWN SQUARE, AND YEAH, EVERYONE'S GOING TO LOVE IT! FUCK YOU, DAD! I BELIEVE IN ME, CHRISTINE BELIEVES IN ME, DIO BELIEVES IN ME! BECAUSE HE'S A GOD, DAD, THAT'S WHY! DON'T WAVE YOUR FUCKIN' BIBLE AT ME, DAD! I'M GONNA GO GET LAID! [walks out of room backwards, both middle fingers in the air, smirking]
9. Every weekend, I go up to my cabin and paint watercolors. They're not amazing, but one time, someone saw one, cried, and wrote me a blank check for it. I cashed it for $120 and bought a space heater and new supplies. Seemed fair.
Are these only Sasquatch bands? I guess Tune Yards for 3.
Yes, and, no.
4. The movie Tron is thirty years old this year! That must mean those light cycles, even if they were new in the movie, have gotta be on their last legs in terms of usability. I have one, and she barely works now; you gotta toggle the ignition a bunch to get the engine rev'd, but she still purrs once she hits the city streets.
5. Cool. I know you're not you know you're not you know I am I know I am my life my mind my body my eyes in it out of it flows like time. Cool. [silence, except for a faucet's drip.]
6. This is it, guys, the last sunset - bottles up, my buds. Let's make it count. On three - one, two...
1. On a wind, you ride far, far away from your home. You touch down all around the world and stay a while before you ride away on another breeze. Everywhere you go, you meet your friends and share good times and wine with them, even though you've never met them before. It's okay, they're your friends. Everywhere you go, even when you're alone and sad, you're home. One day, you'll smile so hard that you'll become the wind.
2. I love you, I want you to be happy, and I want this to work. That's why I have to be stern with you sometimes. Don't tell me not to look at you that way! You knew what you were getting into when you met me!
Feeling better? Good. Let's take the car out and throw candy at pedestrians. No, we're maintaining the speed limit, don't get crazy.
3. Today, on "Will it Blend?," the club. AraabMuzik
More soon, maybe.
Last Edit: Apr 18, 2012 7:36:35 GMT -8 by newjersey