ricechex. yes, they aren't big bands. most people probably havent heard of any of them. It only makes sense to bring in big bands to a festival to make money. why would you only want small bands that only 50 people have heard of? that doesnt make money, big bands do.
Hey Chad - the lineup isn't out yet. But when it is, it'll be about 90% "small" bands. Like it always is. I believe it's working just fine for Sasquatch.
my friend just showed me all the bands that are going to be at Sasquatch this year and I dont know any of them. why do they get a bunch of bands that nobody knows about? big bands are what bring people in.
So if you haven't heard of a band, nobody has heard of them.
Black Keys / Bon Iver / Sigur Ros / Air / Garbage / Shins / Fleet Foxes / The Rapture / Girls / Drake / St. Vincent / Lykke Li / Fucked Up / Feist / Real Estate / Lana Del Rey / Cut Copy / Diplo / Black Lips / Washed Out / Cass McCombs / Odd Future / Built to Spill / Los Campesinos! / WU LYF / chune-Yards / Young the Giant / Andrew Bird / The Olivia Tremor Control / The Big Pink / Lower Dens / Mazzy Star / A-Trak / The Juan Maclean / The Naked and Famous / Heartless Bastards / Other Lives / SBTRKT / Yuck / The Horrors / Matthew Dear / Grimes / Toro Y Moi / Tennis / Wild Flag / Youth Lagoon / Zola Jesus / Cymbals Eat Guitars / AraabMuzik / Hooray for Earth / Battles / Four Tet / The War on corn chips / Lambchop / Ty Segall / Dr. Dog / Miike Snow / Shabazz Places / Twin Sister / Menomena / Die Antwoord / The Morning Benders / Peaking Lights / Dan Deacon / Unknown Mortal Orchestra / Purity Ring / Dirty Beaches / Metronomy / Holy Ghost! / Goyte / White Fence / Field Music / The Big Pink / Amon Tobin / Fresh & Onlys / Milagres / Gauntlet Hair / Bass Drum of Death / Psychic Ills / Beach Fossils / Com Truise / A Classic Education / Nurses / Codeine /
1. Pavement. I'm a huge freakin' fan, and never thought I'd see them again. It was everything I could've asked for and more. Hearing Range Life, Gold Soundz, and Rattled by the Rush live was worth the entire weekend's price of admission for me.
2. National Great setlist, and you just can't take your eyes off Matt Berringer.
3. LCD Soundsystem So happy they played All My Friends, Yeah, and Daft Punk is Playing at My House.
4. Broken Social Scene Truly shocked by how great they were. What a mix of new and old stuff.
5. Drive-By-Truckers Had never seen 'em before. Love the new songs. Fun to watch.
Local Natives have shot up my "excited to see" list. Harmonies remind me of the Fleet Foxes, but with less of a classic rock influence and a little more interesting songwriting. Warning Sign might be the best Talking Heads cover ever.
And Phantogram is really cool. Album takes some nice, unexpected turns.
Interstate - what Drive By Truckers album did you start with? I'm still sleeping on 'em but want to give 'em a shot.