1. Pretty Lights 2. Jack White 3. feed Me 4. Little dragon 5. Tenacious D
Honorable mention: Had so much fun at Nero then running over to see Beck and Tenacious D close out the festival.
James Murphy probably would have been in my top 5 but I had some friends who had journalism passes to take pictures with the bands and the schedules they were given didn't have James Murphy listed so they told me he wasn't playing. Got seriously disappointed when I walked from Bon Iver to Feed Me and heard James Murphy wrapping up his set.
1. Beiruit - Holy shit. Sunset on the hill. It was perfect. Even a cold-hearted bastard like me thought this was freaking romantic.
2. JACK FUCKIN WHITE - Man, this rocked so freaking hard. "Steady as she Goes" was absolutely mental.
3. PRETTY EFFIN LIGHTS - It was everything I hope for, and more.
4. James Funkin Murphy - I planned on quickly stopping by and maybe staying for a song, ended up staying for the whole thing. AMAZING dance party.
5. The Roots - Funky as hell! Some great covers, great jams, great energy and an awesome choice for a late night set.
6. Santigold - Really great way to kick off the weekend for me. This chick is a rock star.
7. Bon Iver - Calgary and Beth/Rest were aces.
8. Beardyman - Surprise of the weekend. I thought he was supposed to be a comedian or something? Some of the most interesting music I heard all weekend. Dude laid it DOWN. Awesome dance party. Womp womp.
9. The Civil Wars - How adorable were these two?
10. Feed Me - Only on here because of how much fun I had with ya'll. I wasn't really blown away by the show, but I still had a great time. Maybe it was because I was totally sober, but yeah, it was aight.
Post by lisamcanada on May 30, 2012 7:10:19 GMT -8
1 - Jack White - mind = blown sooooo many kick ass riffs and man did they rock the fuck out 2 - Feist - her little trio of back up singers were adorable and awesome. The energy in the gorge during her show was amazing. 3 - Alabama Shakes - so much soul 4 - Beirut - sooooooo fucking pretty 5 - Girl Talk - fireworks and the most fun dance party ever HM the pretty lights glopocalypse.... not that into the electronic dance music any more but the show was visually awesome and all the glowsticks dancing made me happy. Also the Roots would probably on here too but I only caught a bit of the show... my mind was too blown from Jack White to really get into it. I wish they had been on different days.
A top 5 is so very hard for me to make, because this Sasquatch blew every other one away as far as individual artist performances go. It seemed like everyone brought their A game and were all genuinely happy to be there.
1. James Murphy - I expected a lot from his DJ set and he went way beyond my expectations. I've never danced so much in my life. 2. Jack White - encore with Steady as She Goes, Hotel Yorba, We're Going to be Friends and Seven Nation Army. No further explanation necessary. 3. Girl Talk - what a fucking party. 4. Wild Flag - another one that far exceeded expectations. Carrie is a monster. 5. Tenacious D - would have been higher if they had brought out John C. Reilly. That was a huge disappointment in an otherwise great set.
Honorable mention to The Joy Formidable, Metric, Beck, Santigold and The Roots.