1. Flaming Lips (even though Wayne was taking his sweet time I still loved it) 2. !!! (totally surprised by this set, didn't even intend to be there) 3. Deerhunter 4. Local Natives 5. Ratatat
Honorable mentions: Foo Fighters White Denim Matt and Kim Modest Mouse Beach House and Reggie Watts, from the 15 minutes I saw, was great...got held up in the lineup to get in, no one to blame but my self, should have been crushing all those beers much earlier in the morning.
Biggest disappointment: Scott Aukerman + Paul F Tompkins by FAR. Not really funny at all and Scott and Paul were on stage for a grand total of like 8 minutes.
Yeah, I missed GBV for them (not really a huge fan as I dont really know a whole ton of their songs, and I was so hot and dead tired after Chromeo, so sitting was good) and if it wasnt for Reggie Watts that show would have sucked. Tig was pretty good, but nothing special.
1. Modest Mouse (fucking killed it, best show I have seen them do) 2. Matt and Kim (possibly so high because I had no expectations for that show and they were so much fun, Kim had the biggest smile the entire time and they were both 100% energy) 3. Chromeo (just made it in for the set, we packed every bag with free beer we got from our neighbours as they were leaving so we didnt care if we lost it, and were dancing and passing around beer with everyone around us, so much fun) 4. Wolf Parade (just awesome, converted all my friends into fans) 5. Foo Fighters (they did a damn good job, good mix of songs)
Major Lazer (So. Much. Fun.) Decemberists (who saw the lightning right at a big moment in the song near the end? How fucking sweet was that?!?!) Aloe Blac (such feel good music) RyG (jaw was on the floor)
Flaming Lips (still really good, dont get me wrong, but could have been so much better IMO) Trailer Park Boys (they are funny, but the crowd was too roudy to really hear all that well)
Sad that I missed out on:
!!! (at the decemberists, which I loved) Macklemore (at sharon jones but I ended up talking to neighbours on mushrooms because they found our drunken shinagins hilarious)
Hahah well this was my first year at sasquatch and I was blown away. I went Saturday and Sunday so here were my favorites from that:
1. Ratatat - Killed it. They have always been a favorite of mine but i had never seen them live. I was surprised that they just rocked out and played rather than DJing. The videos were pretty nuts too.
2. Bass Nectar - Pretty damn cool.
3. Matt & Kim - great energy, kim had a blast. Just a fun performance
4. Bright Eyes - The realest i've seen conner oberst in a long time. A really good performance from him.
5. MSTRKRFT - This probably has to do with the fact that I was shrooming, but they controlled the show perfectly. Never have I been so into music. I was going pretty crazy.
6. Cold War Kids - I've enjoyed them for a long time, did a nice show.
Dissapointed by: 1. Flaming Lips - i like a lot of their stuff, but the album they played and the sheer amount of talking going on made me a little impatient.
2. Das Racist - I probably should have waited longer, but the beginning of the set was slightly awful.
I've always liked Dino jr. a lot so i was pretty sad that I missed J mascis play.
Biggest disappointments: Scott Aukerman etc. - This was terrible and I was excited going in so it was a total downer.
Flaming Lips - Started out strong, but SHUT THE F UP AND PLAY SOME MUSIC WAYNE!
Skrillex - "Hey I hope you like this song I made 2 days ago!!!" (it sounds like all my other stuff). Actually the music wasn't so bad as the fact that it was a mess of sweaty, smelly 18 year old EDM kiddies rolling so hard they were flailing around like a pack of wolves was eating them alive. They totally ruined it for me. This was the anti-Bassnectar in terms of crowd coolness. Of course, I was hanging with the boardies at Bassnectar which probably made a huge difference.
I couldn't agree more with Trailer Park Boys being a little disappointing. Couldn't really hear shit and the amount of people walking in and out of the shack in front of us was a major distraction. We ended up leaving after about 10 minutes.
I'm mostly a little bummed that we left Local Natives during "Wide Eyes" for that, but on the bright side we got to see J Mascis. That guy was awesome! Even with the technical difficulties.
1) Sleigh Bells (Crowd surfing, dripping sweat, moshing, dancing. The highlight of my weekend. These guys are fucking rock stars.) 2) Modest Mouse (The best I've ever seen them and I've never seen Isaac in such high spirits. It was tough to skip Yeasayer but they made it worth it. I loved how they started with Shit Luck.) 3) !!! (Finally got all my friends to see them, turned them all into fans. One of the best live bands around. "We don't make the rules at these festivals, we just rock them." True.) 4) Local Natives (When they played the Bigfoot stage last year I told all my friends that they would be a main stage act in two years. They proved me wrong and did it in one. I was happy to be at what they said was their biggest show thus far. Bright future for these guys.) 5) Beach House (I'm in love.)
Twin Shadow (So glad I went in early Monday, they really put on a good show.) Chromeo- (Fun, fun, fun.) Flaming Lips (Obviously Wayne talked too much but come on, there's nothing like a Flaming Lips show. This is the third Sasquatch I've seen them at and it's always special.) Deerhunter (So happy to close out my weekend with Braford and the boys. The Helicopter/He Would Have Laughed finale was really gorgeous.)
Friday (Seriously, Friday was crap.) Skrillex (Seriously, Skrillex is crap.)
Man I never really had anything against dub step until this weekend. I never really liked it and didnt intend to see any (unless bassnectar counts) but I never minded it. Caught the end of Skrillex as I was going there for Major Lazer and he was on late and I saw the last few songs. Sounded just like the album, meaning he probably just pressed play, and I still have no idea how anyone can dance to that stuff. People were trying, but they were rolling so hard they just looked spastic.
Also, by the last night my friends and I were so sick of Skrillex pooping 24/7 all the time that every time we walked by we sarcastily dub danced by.
It's funny because I enjoy Skrillex' recorded stuff, but the crowd was just too stoopid and he doesn't know how to work a crowd yet (give him 5 years). I left partway through the set and enjoyed the Decemberists from the hill.