This is going to be my first year of Sasquatch and I will be going by myself and have some questions.
1. Would it be better to sleep in a tent or in your car? I personally don't care but do either have certain benefits.
2. Should I be concerned about having my things stolen, being jumped or being harassed by drunk individuals in the camping area? Keep in mind, i'm fairly young so I cant defend myself against some 20 year-olds.
3. How early should I arrive on Friday to get a fairly decent spot close to the entrance?
Post by Accelerated Jeff on May 10, 2012 8:29:24 GMT -5
1. Sleeping in a tent will free up room so you can keep all your non-sleeping stuff safe in a locked car at night...But if you have a pickup or something with a big back area, you could potentially bring a mattress to sleep on...
2. This is an event where people had to shell out hundreds of dollars to enjoy themselves, they aren't going to ruin the experience by jumping random teenagers...When you leave your camping area lock everything in your car and you will be fine, unless you are the type to invite trouble...
3. By Friday the campgrounds will be already be filling up for a day...People are arriving Thursday afternoon/night, come early so that you can acclimate yourself to the surroundings, hang out, meet some new folks and give yourself ample time to breath it all in...
The huge majority of people at Sasquatch are harmless and are there to have a good weekend just like you'll be. You have no reason to fear getting jumped or anything of the sort unless you're the one starting trouble (don't be that guy). The most important advice I can give is lock anything of value up in your trunk, not somewhere that someone can peek in a window and see it, because some people WILL find a way into your car if they want something bad enough. I would come by early Friday at the latest to get a good spot.
Post by Horned Gramma on May 10, 2012 11:32:21 GMT -5
BOOGEDY-BOOGEDY-BOO! I'MMA GETCHA AND STEAL YO JUICEBOX.
Just come find all of us, little guy. Nobody will fuck with you because we all look like monsters. Anyway, the wording of your post makes it sound more like it's your mom worrying about it than you. You'll be fine.