10. Howlin Rain 9. Portlandia 8. Pretty Lights 7. Tenacious D 6. St. Vincent 5. Beck 4. Spiritualized 3. Bon Iver 2. The Shins- Despite the Shins only being a fraction of what they once were, Oh, Inverted World was my first real introduction to indie rock, and I cannot wait to see tracks like "Caring Is Creepy," "One By One All Day," "New Slang," and "Sphagnum Esplanade" performed live by the man who wrote them with the sun setting over the Gorge as their backdrop. Plus, Joe Plummer is great in any form. 1. Jack White
Post by FreshMentos on Mar 26, 2012 23:12:39 GMT -5
Original (With no order):
Bon Iver Mogwai Pretty Lights Metric Beardyman Tycho Kurt Vile The War on Drugs Jack White
Updated (In order! With explanations too!):
1) Jack White - It's The White Stripes, with a band instead of Meg. Not a chance I will miss any of his show 2) Silversun Pickups - An Alt. rock band I heavily overlooked until seeing them on the lineup. 3) Pretty Lights - Can't wait to see what he has in store for us with a headlining slot 4) Metric - This band is catchy as hell 5) Bon Iver - They will be an amazing set to relax too on sunday evening 6) Beardyman - It will be bonkers. 7) Gary Clarke Jr. - He pretty much makes up for the absence of The Black Keys 8) Mogwai - They will layer progressive melodies upon each other in such a fashion that minds will be blown. FACT. 9)Shabazz Palaces/The Roots (if late night) - I need my hip hop fix. These folks will suffice plenty. 10) Feed Me - An artist that fits the time slot he'll be playing perfectly.
1. BECK! 2. Bon Iver 3. Jack White 4. Mark Lanegan Band 5. Howlin' Rain 6. St. Vincent 7. Ted Leo and the Pharmacists 8. Explosions In The Sky 9. Shearwater 10. The Joy Formidable 11. Charles Bradley & His Extraordinaires 12. Spiritualized 13. The Civil Wars
After taking the time to research and think things through:
1. BECK! 2. Jack White - After the SNL performance I have faith that this will be one of the greatest set of the weekend, next to Beck anyways. 3. Mark Lanegan Band - The new album blows my mind everytime I listen to it. Should be a riveting set for sure. 4. Explosions in the Sky 5. Bon Iver 6. St. Vincent 7. Howlin' Rain 8. Blitzen Trapper - New discovery and I can't get enough of them. 9. Spiritualized 10. Jamey Johnson
Also want to have Pretty Lights on my list. Not generally a fan of this style of music, but that light show looks too incredible to pass up.
Last Edit: Mar 27, 2012 9:27:08 GMT -5 by Blacksmile
I wouldn't be surprised if you are picturing me peeling a carrot with a staple gun.
1. Pretty Lights (favorite EDM artist + Glowpocalypse + main stage at the Gorge = speechless) 2. Little Dragon (never heard of 'em till the lineup was dropped, holy shit they are amazing) 3. Metric (one of my favorite bands from when I was in high school) 4. Silversun Pickups (same as above) 5. Beats Antique (get my gypsy dance moves on) 6. Feed Me (hyperspace mode is in effect) 7. Jack White (always liked the White Stipes) 8. Tycho (perfect warm weather music) 9. Wolfgang Gartner (fist pump my way through the tent) 10. Nero/James Murphy ((tie)also both I'm sure will be a blast)
I could put 10 totally different artists (Starfucker, SBTRKT, Spiritualized, The Joy Formidable, Bon Iver, Explosions in the Sky, Beck, Com Truise, Star Slinger, Tenacious D) on this list and be happy. Is it Memorial Day weekend yet?
Previously stated I would spend at least an hour in the Banana Shack listening/dancing to whomever. Upon further listening I have decided that I am going to the entire Tycho set. Hoping there are no major conflicts.