Just trying to be nice ... This is a vinyl only release and Wayne himself is alright with sharing Lips music because he knows that if you like them and you know you do / will you will buy stuff from them, go to the shows, spread the word.
Not to mention the link is on the official and unofficial Flaming Lips website forums.
If you have an official download link from their website that you would like to share, feel free. What you posted does not look official in any way.
dogglesnoffer, I think you're taking this too personally. This is nothing against you, and I'm glad you pointed out that the band seems not to care. That isn't always the case, and file sharing is a sensitive issue. That's it, that's all.
Post by Horned Fuckin' Gramma on Mar 30, 2011 9:56:23 GMT -5
1. I'm glad there isn't a way (yet) to pirate gummy skulls.
2. You say the download link you posted came from their forum. A forum like, say, this one? Full of jackasses like you who think doing that kind of thing is ok? See where I'm going with this?
3. Wayne is a fucking burnout. He's nice as hell but anyone who takes his politics seriously is just stupid. I bet if you asked him about filesharing on a different day he'd tell you something completely different.
4. Whether or not Wayne's big ol' heart doesn't mind when you steal Flaming Lips music, there definitely needs to be a precedent set here for it not being allowed. So congratulations, dogglesnoffer, you've been elected precedent!
5. Get an avatar.
6. Sorry I inferred that you are a jackass. That is nine shades kinder than I felt compelled to be after seeing that you spent most of last evening assbombing this thread so don't get your panties in a bunch.
Post by Horned Fuckin' Gramma on Mar 30, 2011 10:39:37 GMT -5
Apparently typing 'haha', 'LOL' or 'sorry' at the end of posts like that one is the thing that sets me and Weak Shit Superfan apart and makes him eligible to be a moderator while I myself am relegated to this useless Dr. Garbanzourehead status. I'm laying the groundwork for 2012.
This isn't the Horned Grandma forum you poor immature sop.
I prefer 'The Horned Gramma Show'.
Anyway, you're probably right. What this place needs is one less Horned Gramma and about five more dogglesnoffers: folks with no sense of humor. Folks with a limited grasp of the English language who use phony British slang. Folks who require eight posts to communicate two sentences worth of information that they read on a Pitchfork news story that was published two weeks ago.